Still Sewing Red and White Subsets for Canada's 150th Birthday


All the curved pieces are cut, with fabric to spare. I need to step up the sewing pace... NETFLIX makes for a slow sewing partner.

The mix of many Red prints and the Kona K001 White makes me happy. I think it will look great together. If I get all these 900 pieces together.


I tried to see how many pins I needed to use to set these curved pieces together - five pins. Three pins arse not quite enough though it goes fast if I can sew through with 1 pin anchoring the work and my fingers pinching the edges but this does make it far more likely that i sew through my finger.

Assembling these curved pieces was much easier than I expected. This was the one aspect of this quilt that caused me hesitation. I was afraid it would be hard to do and that the pieces would not lay flat. They work well. I stretched the inside curves to match the outside curve and amazingly.. they are beautifully flat after they are pressed!

Comments