Summer report #1 (Quilts, laptop cases and a purse)

Time is speeding by in blog world, but it is even faster in real life. Sorry that it has been 7 weeks since my last post. I have been sewing, quilting, working, visiting much loved family and taking a couple classes at the local college.

I know that the best way to build a huge blog following is to post often, but my blog is about how life fits into quilting and stuff, or is it how quilting and stuff fits into life. There are times that it just does not get moved to a higher spot on today's "to do" list; this is okay because that is really what this blog is all about.

I have a few finishes to share: Dr. Suess "The Lorax" quilt and the sweet baby that it belongs to:
Turning Twenty pattern, 'Dr Suess' and Kaffe Fasset prints


"Berries 'n Cherries"
Next on the agenda was a quilt that was donated as a Silent Auction item in support of  Salthaven Wildlife Rehabilitation and Education Centre. I had been saving these great fabrics for a few years: the Strawberry Flower Fairies and the tiny print that looks like charries. This quilt was made using the "Mazey Daze"  pattern. It is a quick and easy pattern that highlights the prints.

 During the process of making this quilt I took quite a few photos with the intention of  creating a tutorial for easy machine quilting tips and "how to square a quilt". I will try to publish that early next week since I have a mid term test to write and curtains to hem.


I also managed to make a few lap top slip cases and a new summer purse. The slip cases were a simple design of my own, using fun fabrics, a side opening and an extra wide elastic to hold the flap down.
The Cabo Bucket purse (designed by Penny Sturges) was also made using happy summer fun prints. I like this purse pattern because the interior is lined with pockets. I need special places to put my stuff away, even in my purse. I usually add extra pockets to fit my wallet, bank cards, cell phone, keys... this pattern had it all covered. I did a slight variation by using some elastic along the sides instead of the requested tabs and magnetic closure.  It is the same Ricky Tims "oodles of doodles" fabric that I used for the laptop slip case & cord/mouse bag.

Comments

  1. both those quilts are lovely.

    I know what you mean by making regular posts. Every time I don't, i lose readers. i did manage during vacation by creating a bunch of posts that i schedualed for while i was away, but this past week, I was volunteering every day and just didn't have the time nor the energy. oh well, much more to life than blogging, or else there wouldn't be anything to blog about.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!