Place Mats and a Table Runner

One of the beautiful satisfactions of being a quilter is that I can create projects that can be used for charity fund raising. Another very satisfying aspect is playing with fabric; collecting, matching, cutting, hoarding, sewing, and dreaming.  

So many wonderful collections of prints. We quilters cannot resist buying beautiful fabrics but we usually resist cutting into it.

For this project I decided to sacrifice one of my happy collections. "Chinese Take Out" (Sheri Berry Designs for Lyndhurst Studio). This fabric had not even aged very long in my stash, only a year or so but since I purchased it on sale it probably was a bit old anyway.


 This set of a Table Runner and coordinating place mats is being donated to raise funds for "My Sister's Place" through  a silent auction event. 

I wanted to enjoy the colorful, fun prints so blocks with many small pieces would not work for me. I decided to use black to separate blocks of fabric and make the prints really pop!

There was no specific pattern, just the basic premise of ending up with a 13" by 20" sized place mat.

Comments

  1. Anonymous11:27 pm

    These are beautiful Linda.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous11:28 pm

    These are beautiful Linda.

    Monique G.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are fabulous!! I may have to copy your design!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are wonderful. Can I "borrow" the design?

    ReplyDelete
  5. The fabric is perfect for place mats! Lovely project.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!