In progress

Two projects are on the work table this week. There are more projects in the work basket but let's be happy with the progress so far. {the orange quilt is closer to the work surface now.}

I finally started cutting and stitching the red and purple quilt.  (Please forgive the hazey colours in this photo - it is really very rich in hue and tone.) Here is strip #1. There will be 4 more strips. This strip is  18 1/2" wide by 104" long. The quilt should be approximately 90" wide by 102" long when completed.

This quilt is for DD#1. It is inspired by a photo she saw in a magazine in 2005. It was in the background of the photo so I have no way of actually giving any credit to the designer who created the original. I only looked at the picture for a few minutes. I could even be way off base and this may look nothing like the one in the photo but this is very much the one that is in my head.



The table topper was made with the Tuesday Night Bag Ladies. It needs sandwiching and quilting. I had purchased this fabric (only) last year to make place mats for our new home. I guess we are closer to having them ready too now.

The table topper is 25" across.

Comments