September 11

I was not sure if I should write or think, think or share, share or simply meditate.

I am a New Yorker. Born in Manhattan. I grew up watching the cityscape. I remember the skyline before the World Trade Center grew up. I remember the proud way the towers rooted lower Manhattan.

I have not lived in the city for more than 35 years.

That does not matter. My heart still hurt.

There was a time that I believed that I was magically safe and protected simply by the fact of being so ripely pregnant. I learned that there never is an absolutely safe.

The absoluteness of New York City was like that. Life in the city may have been full of challenges but the city itself would be magically safe and protected simply by being so wonderfully New York. I learned that no city is absolutely safe.

Much like the terrors in pregnancy; life renews and can be beautiful.

I will always be a New Yorker, 8.3 million neighbours or 180 neighbours.

Comments

  1. Hi Linda,
    I have bestowed and award on your blog. Please come visit to pick it up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!