Wonderful weekend with friends and an Award!!!

It has been a great sewing weekend. Two of my very best special friends spent the weekend here with me sewing. (Our ever loving men were all having fun away) Penny and I are working on a BOM from Quilter's Line, The Precincts of Japan. Each block we make is my favourite. These are the blocks that Penny and I have made so far (click on them to see how fantastic these fabrics really are):
Kamata


Yushima











Susaki











Tonegawa






















When I sew I always appreciate a little help from my friends.

Here are my first 4 blocks all together:




And an online friend, Paula, gave me this award:

Thank you Paula, at Coffee Time Quilt Studio who shared these nominations. This is the way you do it ( I have never had a blog award before)

1. The winner can put the logo on his/her blog.
2. Link to the person you received your award from.
3. Nominate at least 7 other blogs.
4. Put links of those blogs on yours.
5. Leave a message on the blogs of the people you have nominated.

I am happy to nominate these blogs as they are some of the many that I look forward to reading.

Aileen's Fibre Fetish plays wonderfully with colour, and she is fun too.

Nancy Rose at Life is a Stitch has a lot of life going on, fun , crazy and quilty too.

A new fave, Found in Brooklyn because you may take the girl out of Brooklyn but you can never take Brooklyn out of the girl...

Brin at My Messy Thrilling Life has an old house, flowers and a great attitude

DebR at Red Shoe Ramblings because hers is one of the first quilty blogs I visited, even if there is not much quilty going on these days she posts wonderful flower photos!!

I could not miss Strombo, George Stroumboulopoulisos that is, with the blog for The Hour. I am not sure if my post on his blog will show up because there were a page full of error messages after I clicked send. anyway, The Hour is like Sesame Street for adults.

Comic Book Lady at Quilt as Desired is a quilter who is willing to do exactly as she desires and she is a super blogger as well.



I still am collecting posts for a July Blog-iversary give-away

Comments

  1. Thanks for thinking of me! I'll make my post next weekend as my computer is out for repairs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, thank Linda!! I appreciate you thinking of me.

    Now who to pass it on to...Hhhmmm...

    PS....Love the blocks in the post above this one!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those blocks are great! Thanks for passing on the award.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous10:12 pm

    Heh, heh, I know what you mean about doggy friends.. My Molly loves to sit on my knee too!! Makes quilting a little tricky at times!! Lx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!