completing a project for myself

Tuesday night is Bag Ladies night and this week we had "casserole carriers" scheduled. We meet weekly to sew, drink tea and sometimes just vent. Besides quilting and snacks we try to make gifts for our nearest and dearest. The Casserole carrier was originally to become a Christmas present but I decided that I needed one for my smaller oven dishes, There were a few pattern options and I chose the Wrap'n Go Casserole carrier (a free pattern) from Nancy's Notions. Of course I needed to rework the pattern as it calls for prequilted proprietary Iron Quick and I planned to use simple fabric and the special reflective batting.




After a few mis-stitched seams and Rippits I worked out the process and used some of my recently purchased chili peppers fabric to make myself this handy, fold flat insulated carrier. Now I will be able to bring a smaller size dish to our girly pot lucks .


Gratuitous photo of cute dog in a "don't touch those stitches" collar

Comments