quilting is giving

October has been a pretty quilty month. I have not spent many hours sewing but the time spent has resulted in satisfying (although humbly meager) results. I managed to make 8 Fabric postcards, a few fabric coasters and start the machine quilting of the Mazey Daze quilt that I really like a lot.

This quilting year has netted greater results though with the quilts that I have given away to people I do not know.

The queen sized "Vintage Garden" (which won a second place ribbon at the local fair-2007) raised about $900 towards the "Faith Tilk Foundation", a new charity in memory of a sweet young girl whose life very sadly ended too soon.

That would be the third quilt donated to charitable fundraising this year.
The first , "Oriental Medley" benefitted"My Sister's Place" and the second (which also -won a second place ribbon at the local fair-2006) was in aid of the "Woodstock General Hospital Building Fund".

I very gladly made these donations but I think I gained the greatest from this. These were projects that I was able to enjoy working on, used up fabric from the very special but ever growing stash, ended up belonging to people who were thrilled to win them, and raised much needed funds for well-worth-while causes.

When I look at the photos of the projects I really smile and am grateful that I have a passion which can give so much, beyond the process, the art and the practical.

Comments