24 - 1,440 - 86,400

Hours - minutes - seconds in a day. We all have the same no matter who we are or what we do with it.

I become very agitated when I start to feel as if I am losing time- time to do what I need to, time to do what I want to, time to do what there is no choice but to have to...

I was in grade 5. Mr Arfin told us a small story about seeing a boy sitting on a bench in the office - just sitting there quietly and then he started to cry. Mr. Arfin asked him what was wrong and he explained that he was upset because he had just watched the clock for five minutes. Five minutes that were lost and that there was no way to get them back.

I am sure Mr Arfin was just wanting to warn us against wasting time but I feel so extremely agitated and discombobulated when I realize that I have wasted time. That story comes back to me and its moral is stronger than any other teaching that I have ever learned in school.

So I need to keep busy, productive and feel happy. And therein come those lists, the late night project binges and the offers to help everywhere. .....

Comments