sewing for myself

This weekend I set myself to making a dress for me to wear. It has been at least a year since I sewed myself a dress and that last dress will be hard to wear very often.



Oscar De La Renta Mother of the Bride dresses are sort of conspicuous in daily life.

I did however manage to sew up a summery fun dress. This Butterick ( Maggy London ) pattern was easy to work up and the print just laughs out loud to me. I love the twist in the bodice and it feels great on.

I think I should make another. Since I do not keep a stash of stretch knit fabric I have to go and buy some!! The best part of it all as that this dress seems to forgive a few lumps and curves here and there.

Comments

  1. Gorgeous dress Linda. I can't wait to see the next one.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!