Scrappy Quilt Update


This is the layout I ended up using. It is really more like following a winding spiralling path through my scraps. If you look (click the photo to enlarge) at the excess fabric hanging out you can see what a busy backing I chose. It is a Dutch Batik that I picked up in St. Maartin a few years ago. It is just basted now (Thanks Bag Ladies). I will machine quilt it on a diagonal across each 3" subsection and carry the stitching out through the borders.

I probably will name this quilt "Can you find your way through my scraps tofind which piece is from your quilt". I made this top using only scraps from those little boxes and 2 pieces of random fabric that I had, a solid black and a print of mandarin oranges which are very reddish. This will be a quilt for those who end up sleeping on my sofa bed.

These are what I had considered:
Furrows

















Flowers



















Sort of "Barn Raising"

Comments

  1. Love it, love it, love it. What a gorgeous scrappy quilt. Someday, when my scrap pile is a little bigger, I'll be able to make a scrappy quilt too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a really pretty quilt! I just love scrap quilts, they have so much personality!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was truly surprised by how few of my scraps I used. I think I could make 6 more in the same way

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!