More Colour

This is my favourite storage piece. I love to see all the colours. I keep all fabric pieces that are smaller than a metre but larger than the scrap boxes in the separate sections. All, except my special collections (Orientals, Africans, novelties, 30's, landscapes, luminosity, paisleys)...

Oh look, 2 sections of green and the blue is filled tight. Purples.. I keep using them up so I never seem to have very much on hand!

(Historical note: This was rescued from DFIL's garage where he had stored nuts and bolts for 20+ years, previous to that it was a display unit at a hardware store. I always coveted it for this very purpose. When it became available DH helped me by scraping 40 years of crud off so I could paint it white and store all my bits and pieces. I coveted this before I even had a stash to put in it. I have a few more display units, in my studio, being used for storage and workspace with similarly interesting histories.)

Comments

  1. Great storage unit and to have one with history is even better. I love your pictures too. I know purple is my favorite color, but I think it has something to do with growing up watching the Minnesota Vikings, AKA the Purple People Eaters.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to visit!